1. Types of Personal Information Collected
We will ask You for certain kinds of personal information, such as Your name, email address, street address, telephone number, and other information that identifies You as an individual (“Personal Information”) to provide the Products You request. All payment information we collect, credit card, debit card, or bank information for ongoing billing of the service, is encrypted.
We currently use Stripe and SquareUp for payment processing. Please review the privacy policies https://stripe.com/privacy and https://squareup.com/us/en/legal/general/privacy-no-account of these third-party payment processors, as We have no control over these third-parties.
2. Use of Your Personal Information
We collect and process your Personal Information for the purposes and on the legal bases identified in the following:
- Promoting the security of our website and services: We process Your Personal Information by tracking use of Our website and services, creating aggregated, non-personal information, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity and enforcing Our terms and policies, to the extent this is necessary for Our legitimate interest in promoting the safety and security of the services, systems and applications and in protecting Our rights and the rights of others;
- Providing necessary functionality: We process your Personal Information to perform Our contract with You for the use of Our website and services; where We have not entered into a contract with You, We base the processing of your Personal Information on Our legitimate interest to provide You with the necessary functionality required during Your use of Our website and services;
- In the event of a recall: We process Your Personal Information to advise You whether a recall affects any of the equipment or products We have provided to You as part of our contract with You;
- Managing user interface: If You have subscribed to Our services, We process your Personal Information by managing Your user account for the purpose of performing Our contract with You according to applicable terms of service, including the provision of Your Personal Information to Emergency Services and Operations;
- Handling contact and user support requests: If You send Us a request for support or service, or if You contact Us by other means including via a phone call, We process your Personal information to perform Our contract with You and to the extent it is necessary for Our legitimate interest in fulfilling Your requests and communicating with You;
- Managing promotions: If You register for a promotion, We process your Personal Information to perform Our contract with You. Some promotions have additional information about how We will process your Personal Information;
- Managing payments: If You have provided financial information to Us, We process your Personal Information to verify that information and to collect payments to the extent that doing so is necessary to complete a transaction and perform Our contract with You;
- Developing and improving Our website and services: We process Your Personal Information to analyze trends and to track Your usage of and interactions with Our website and services to the extent it is necessary for Our legitimate interest in developing and improving Our website and services and providing Our users with more relevant service offerings, or where We seek Your valid consent;
- Assessing and improving user experience: We process device and usage data, which in some cases may be associated with Your Personal Information, in order to analyze trends and to assess and improve the overall user experience to the extent it is necessary for Our legitimate interest in developing and improving the service offering, or where We seek Your valid consent;
- Reviewing compliance with applicable usage terms: We process Your Personal Information to review compliance with the applicable usage terms in Our customer’s contract to the extent that it is in Our legitimate interest to ensure adherence to the relevant terms;
- Assessing capacity requirements: We process Your Personal Information to assess the capacity requirements of Our services the extent that it is in Our legitimate interest to ensure that We are meeting the necessary capacity requirements of Our service offering;
- Identifying customer opportunities: We process Your Personal Information to assess new potential customer opportunities to the extent that it is in Our legitimate interest to ensure that We are meeting the demands of Our customers and their user experiences;
- Registering office visitors: We process Your Personal Information for security reasons, to register visitors to Our offices and to manage non-disclosure agreements that visitors may be required to sign, to the extent such processing is necessary for Our legitimate interest in protecting Our offices and Our confidential information against unauthorized access;
- Displaying personalized advertisements and content: We process Your Personal Information to conduct marketing research, advertise to You, provide personalized information about Us on and off Our website and to provide other personalized content based upon Your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for Our legitimate interest in advertising Our websites or, where necessary, to the extent You have provided Your prior consent;
- Sending marketing communications: We will process Your Personal Information and/or device and usage data, which in some cases may be associated with Your Personal Information, in order to send you marketing information, product recommendations and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters, telemarketing calls, SMS, or push notifications) about Us and Our affiliates and partners, including information about Our products, promotions or services as necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent You have provided Your prior consent; and
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your Personal Information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Information to protect Our rights or is necessary for Our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of Our website, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to Us and limiting Our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
3. Sharing Personal Information With Third Parties
3.1 We do not sell Your Personal Information to anyone. Period.
3.2. We do not share or trade Your Personal Information with any third-parties, except with Your consent or as described herein.
3.3 We may disclose Your Personal Information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website, to limit Our legal liability and protect Our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of Users of the Website or the public.
3.6 We may also disclose Your Personal Information to outside individuals and/or companies that help Us bring You the Products We offer and to create, operate, and maintain Our Websites. For example, We may work with third parties to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist Us in distributing emails; (c) assist Us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide data storage and analysis; (e) provide fraud prevention; (f) provide customer service; (g) provide product fulfillment and shipping services; and (h) provide other services designed to assist Us in developing and running Our Website and maximizing Our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep all information shared with them confidential and to use the information only to perform their obligations to Us. We authorize certain service providers to utilize for their business purposes and, in accordance with their privacy policies certain aggregated, information derived from data collected when You use the products and services they support on Our behalf to customize their customer base. This aggregated products information does not identify You personally.
3.7 We may participate in third-party cooperative databases. Database participants provide customer names and mailing addresses and information about their customers’ purchasing history to the database, which allows the database participants to segment and/or obtain access to potentially interested parties to whom or which they may target their promotions.
3.8 In addition, if We go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of Our assets, Your Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred.
3.9 Our Websites may allow Users to post testimonials and other content to Our Websites. Any Personal Information that You post to Our Website will become public information and will be accessible by other users of the Websites. In addition, Your user name will be viewable by other users, and We therefore encourage You to use a user name that is not Your actual name. We have no responsibility to maintain the privacy or security of any such Personal Information that You may choose to post to Our Websites.
3.10 We may also collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Websites through the use of trusted third party partners. These partners may also combine your email information with other information they have access to such as mailing address so that we may serve relevant marketing offers to you via email and direct mail. If you do not want us to collect information about you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
4. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
4.1 Through Your use of the Websites, We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information from You (“NPII”). NPII is not associated with You as an individual. It is measured anonymously and only in the aggregate.
4.2 We may also use “pixel tags” (sometimes called “Web beacons” or “clear gifs”), which are tiny graphic images, on the Website. Pixel tags help Us analyze Users’ online behavior and measure the effectiveness of the Website and Our advertising and marketing. We may also use other analytical tools to evaluate site performance through the use of aggregated data, which contain no Personal Information. We work with service providers that help Us track, collect, and analyze this information.
4.3 Cookies, pixel tags, and/or other analytical tools that We may use on the Website may collect information about Your visit, including the pages You view, the features You use, the links You click, and other actions You take in connection with the Website. This information may include Your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address, Your browser type, Your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about Your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website You visited immediately before coming to the Website. We do not otherwise track any information about Your use of other websites.
4.4 Cookies, pixel tags, and/or other analytical tools in Our emails may be used to track Your interactions with those messages, such as when You receive, open, or click a link in an email message from Us.
4.5 We may also work with businesses that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on Our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about Your visits to the Websites and Your interaction with Our advertising and other communications, but no Personal Information is shared with them.
4.6 We may contract with third-party vendors to provide ads to our customers on our behalf via the Internet or to send direct mail to customers whom we think may be interested in our products or services. In order to do so, such vendor may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Websites using Cookies. Third-party vendors may then pool the anonymous information that they collect from our Websites with other sources of data, which may include your name and mailing address, for purposes of determining whether you might be interested in receiving direct mail. To opt-out of receiving direct mail, you may send us an email at email@example.com or call us at (888) 343-1513 ext. 1.
5. Your Security
5.1 We strive to keep Your Personal Information private and safe. We take commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security of Personal Information collected, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is Our policy never to send Your credit card number via email. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information, so please do not send Us Your credit card number by email.
5.2 Unfortunately, despite Our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While We will use every reasonable means to ensure the security of information You transmit through the Websites, We cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third-parties. We will, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. Links to Other Websites
6.1 While visiting the Websites, You may link to websites operated by third-parties, or You may have come to the Websites using a link found in another website. Such other websites are independent from Us, and We have no control over, or responsibility for, their information, products or activities.
6.2 In addition, We currently use third-parties for payment processing of Your order(s). Such payment processors are independent from us, and We have no control over or responsibility for their information, products, or activities.
7. “Spoofing” And “Phishing”
A common Internet scam is known as “spoofing” or “phishing.” This occurs when You receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting Personal Information from You. Please be aware that We will not send You any emails requesting You to verify credit card, bank information, or any other Personal Information. If You ever receive an email that appears to be from Us requesting such information from You, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org, as We will investigate instances of possible Internet fraud.
8. Children and Privacy
The Websites are not meant for children, and We will not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without verified parental consent. If You believe we have collected any Personal Information from a minor child, and You are the parent or guardian of that minor child, please contact Us at email@example.com and provide the information to Us that will allow us to investigate. We will remove from Our files any Personal Information of anyone We discover to be under thirteen (13) years old.
9. Disclosure for Legal Purposes
10. Non-Confidential Information
If You have any questions about Your privacy or security at the Websites, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Your first and last name, phone number, and email address in the message. If You do not receive a response from Us to any emails You send to Us within 7 business days, please send Us another email as Your original email may not have been received.
Effective Date: July 23, 2020