Important Update To Your Kanega Watch Regarding Fall Detection
Dear Kanega Watch Wearer,
Many of our wearers tell us that the main reason they chose the Kanega Watch as their medical alert system is for our discreet patented wrist-based fall detection.
Our fall detection is unique in the industry for three key reasons:
- Not requiring the wearing of a stigmatizing pendant to get the protective and reassuring benefits of fall detection.
- A constantly improving/learning fall detection model – meaning that unlike other fall detection offerings that use a static model, the Kanega Watch’s fall detection is constantly improving over time.
- A fall detection model based on real falls, not developed by hiring actors to fall (research has proven multiple times that real falls don’t look like falls generated by actors). You read that correctly – standard fall detection models are not based on real falls (it is a somewhat shameful industry secret).
We are very pleased to announce that we recently pushed a fall detection update to all Kanega Watches that further improves their sensitivity and ability to catch more falls. In brief, your Kanega Watch’s ability to identify when you may have fallen and provide you with automatic help from our monitoring center has further improved with this update – providing you and those that love and care for you added peace of mind.
As always, this update is part of our service to you and there is no additional cost for these ongoing improvements.
Some wearers may find their watch now overly sensitive to movements. Many have told us they see this as a significant benefit, despite the additional false alerts that may arise from this increased sensitivity. That said, we understand that not everyone will feel this way. This leads to another major update we wish to share with you today:
If you would like to reduce (or increase) the sensitivity of your watch’s fall detection, we can now implement that for you through our wonderful Customer Success Team. Simply call us and we can change the fall detection sensitivity in your Kanega Watch.
UnaliWear’s core values include two key tenets:
- We are passionate and determined to deliver independence with dignity for millions of vulnerable people.
- We’re never satisfied with the status quo; we’re always seeking to improve ourselves, our customer experience, our products, and our company.
UnaliWear has grown dramatically over the past year and we are honored by the trust of our wearers, providing you all with the protection you need and the dignity you deserve. We hope you see the full embracement of our core values in the update we’ve just released.
We look forward to continuing to improve the efficacy and value you receive from your Kanega Watch every day.
All the best and stay well and safe,
UnaliWear Customer Success Team